Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Say What?

I really debated about making a blog entry with this poem. I wrote it many years ago and I know it's very dark. Depressing. But for some reason it's coming back around to me and in an attempt to be true to what is that strange thing inside I call a spark of creativity, here it is.

At the time I wrote it I was contemplating on how exactly over 900 people would follow a mad man to their death - it had to start somewhere far from that moment when they took their lives and even the lives of their family members. I think it's so important to be careful in religious matters - and not so gullible. People do deceive others and some of them MEAN TO. Anyway, here it is - And turn back if you want to be reading a more uplifting message!


A Kool Aid pile of persons                    
longing for a taste  of
the Promised Land.
An abstract presentation,
performance art of futility
and a colossal lack of planning.
The connecting sinews show in
the promises made…
then discarded…
dumb sheep following blindly
the mad man.
The old model car
making a noise through town,
ugly it seems and
the sameness of your breath makes
the day less important when…
Oh, it’s not a choice to be
so unsatisfied.
It happened naturally,
by comparison.
When the media god spoke
the review was wanting
and
the canned promise of better productions
allured the players to the story
then to the story teller
then to…

Their last glimpse was of
empty eyes.





1 comment: