Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Remembering Ivan



September 16, 2004 - that was not a good day. I have been going through my photos tonight and I ran across some Hurricane Ivan photos I shot and I realized that we are coming up on an anniversary of when Hurricane Ivan hit the Pensacola area. When something that dramatic happens to you, it's as if you go into auto pilot, at least it was for me and it's only afterwards that you realize how deeply the experience affected you. Looking at the photos I still can get a bit emotional about it. Anyway, here are some photos I shot and a poem I wrote - I think they helped me get over it.








How could you have done to us what you did, salty, beautiful blue?
Why roar at your gazing lover?
Sue, who gardened by your breezes has gone.
No voices or crabbing adventures and grandchildren playing...
who knew that one day YOU would grow ENRAGED
and take it all away.
How can I love you, trust you, though you woo me daily with your calm lapping, making up to me.
Breathing your scent I can't help myself.
Lover again.



No comments:

Post a Comment