Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Is Karen Coming?

It's Saturday October 5th, 2013. I woke up early this morning in preparation for preparing for a possible visit by Karen tomorrow, a named storm. I walked outside and heard the Gulf of Mexico's waves churned up. The early morning quiet and mist over the barrier island and Santa Rosa Sound, where I live, makes for sound to travel. Thinking that the surf must really be up, I grabbed my camera and drove out to Pensacola Beach - only to be surprised that the waves were not all that large. Oh well. I was there and so I enjoyed myself anyway. I hope you enjoy the photos!
...and about Karen? Seems she isn't all that angry and is more interested in visiting first our Gulf Coast neighbor, Louisiana.

Pensacola Beach Fishing Pier

Beach Morning Glory

Red Flag Flying to stay out of water


Shell Fragments

A singular seagull - rare!

Stroll on Pensacola Beach

Seagulls and Waves

Sunrise Reflections


Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel with not much to do

Lifeguards trying to get surfer out of water

Flight and Fog

Memorial Statue - Yancy Spencer

LINK TO PENSACOLA BEACH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: http://pensacolabeachchamber.com/

LINK TO PENSACOLA BEACH TOURIST INFO: http://www.visitpensacola.com/landing/pensacola-beach

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures.. all great shots, can't pick a favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of Pensacola Beach are great - such clarity and crispness (if that makes any sense)...the waves in that one shot did look a little choppier than what I remember - maybe Karen was just a little miffed on her way to Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete